Former NHL player Kristian Huselius suffered serious burns to his face and shoulders following an accident at his home in Sweden last Saturday.
The Swede, who played for the Florida Panthers, Calgary Flames and Columbus Blue Jackets between 2001 and 2011, was at home when he accidentally set up an explosion in his gas fireplace.
The former hockey player, who is now 40, literally saw his upper body catch on fire, according to the interview he offered the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet".
When the flames hit him, he threw himself to the ground and despite his injuries, managed to get some help. When he was taken to the hospital, Huselius was treated immediately and it was revealed that he should end up with some scars on his face as a result of this unfortunate incident, and his shoulder will probably need a skin graft.
But in the meantime, it looks worse than it will ever be…
Huselius had his best season in the NHL as a member of the Flames back in 2006-07 when he tallied 34 goals and a total of 77 points in 81 games that season.
He was selected in the second round, 47th overall by the Panthers back in the 1997 NHL Entry draft.
Photo Credit: Twitter