The Toronto Maple Leafs were one of four National Hockey League teams selected to participate in the Global Series in Stockholm, Sweden. They, along with the Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild and Ottawa Senators have since arrived overseas and are in the midst of preparations for that set of games.
Ahead of Toronto's game against Detroit on Friday, forward Auston Matthews showed up to a media session wearing a shirt with a cryptic message that he divulged would not be revealed until the new calendar year. The shirt reads "David Kämpf Christmas Skate 2023":
Matthews is already one of the most offensively gifted players in the National Hockey League today, having won the Maurice (Rocket) Richard Award as the League's best scorer twice now. And while his production dipped a bit last season, he remains as dangerous as ever in his 8th NHL season, having already scored 13 goals and currently is on pace to eclipse the 70-goal mark!
- Another significant issue exposed in Toronto ahead of tonight's game!
- Matthews fires a shot at fans who boo'ed Leafs off the ice last night
- Female fan removes her bra in response to Auston Matthews hat trick!
- Logan Paul reveals which Maple Leafs star he’s signed to Prime sponsorship and fans had it right!
- Huge difference in Auston Matthews this season exposed