We are now in January with the trade deadline less than two months away, and the Chicago Blackhawks are expected to meet with both Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane to see if they will be moved.
Many teams have expressed interest in both players with Toews linked to the Winnipeg Jets and Colorado Avalanche, and Kane to the Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins.
However what will be the price to get one of them? According to Scott Powers and Mark Lazerus of The Athletic, the Blackhawks will probably seek a first-round pick and a decent prospect in return for Kane. As for Toews, they believe it could be a first-round pick given his bounce-back performance this season.
Fans will have to be patient with these two potential trade as it is expected they will find out more about their fates this season once their agent Pat Brisson has met with Blackhawks management later this month.
The Blackhawks are dead last in the standings, currently in the best shape in the Connor Bedard sweepstakes. Let’s see what that means for Kane and Toews’ futures in Chicago.
- Report: Blackhawks forced to switch up plan for Kane and Toews
- Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane reach critical milestone together
- Kane, Toews go viral for gesture after Ovechkin’s milestone
- Futures of Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane may have been leaked!
- Report: Toews and Kane linked to Eastern Conference contenders in latest trade talks