The Philadelphia Flyers have stepped up in a big way by offering refunds to fans who have tickets for the team’s remaining six home games that have officially been “postponed”. With no timetable for the Flyers’ return, the team felt it necessary to offer up a refund to fans who may be hurting financially.
The Flyers are believed to be the first team to institute such a policy, with many hockey fans reporting that they’ve essentially been held in limbo by ticket sellers like TicketMaster and StubHub. Good on the Flyers for doing the right thing here.
Read below for info from the Flyers’ official website:
**A MESSAGE FROM THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS**
In these unprecedented times, we appreciate our fans’ patience as we navigate through uncertainty surrounding how and when Flyers hockey will resume at the Wells Fargo Center. While we remain hopeful that the 2019-20 season will resume, we have proactively updated our ticket policies for the regular season games that have not yet been played as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Flyers fans holding tickets for any of the six remaining home games in the 2019-20 season will receive credit to apply against future scheduled payments or the option to request a refund.
- Season Ticket Members will receive a credit for the six unplayed home games in the 2019-20 season, to be applied to their 2020-21 season payment due in June.
- All Season Ticket Members were given the opportunity to defer their April and May payments. Applying this credit to their June payment will further alleviate Members’ needs to make payments toward their 2020-21 Season Memberships at this time.
- All other Plan Holders will receive a credit that they may apply toward future tickets or may opt to receive a refund.
- Purchasers of single game tickets will receive an automatic refund, which will be returned in the same manner as it was paid in the next 7-10 business days.
- Purchasers of group tickets will be contacted by their ticket representative for credit and refund options.
- Fans who purchased tickets through a secondary website (e.g., Stubhub, etc.) will need to contact that site for refund options.
Fans who purchased tickets through a Flyers representative, the Philadelphia Flyers website, or at the Wells Fargo Center Box Office will receive a communication today outlining specific details regarding their tickets. In the event any of the six yet-to-be-played 2019-20 regular season games are rescheduled at the Wells Fargo Center, fans who held tickets for those games will have the first opportunity to purchase new tickets for the rescheduled games.
Fans can expect to see refunds in their accounts within the next 7-10 business days.