This is not the start the Carolina Hurricanes were hoping for in a do or die Game 4 against the Florida Panthers. Not only did the Cats take the lead thanks to a goal on the first shot from Anthony Duclair, but for now, they’ve also lost defenseman Jaccob Slavin.
After the goal, Slavin was crushed behind his own net by Sam Bennett, who targeted him with a massive clean hit. It looks like Slavin backed out while he was falling to the ice, slamming his head against the board and then on the ice.
He got up quickly, probably too quick, fell back down into the netting of Freddie Andersen’s cage.
This is tough to watch.
Slavin left the game with the help of a trainer, heading down the tunnel for some much needed help.
Around that same time in the first period, the Hurricanes also lost Stefan Noesen. While Noesen was back on the bench in the second frame, it was confirmed that Slavin will not return to tonight’s game due to an upper-body injury.
- Hurricanes fan caught chirping Nick Cousins on live TV
- Rod Brind'Amour makes a goalie change for Game 2!
- Paul Maurice makes bold statement ahead of Game 2 vs. Carolina
- Matthew Tkachuk stuns with statement on Hurricanes following win in 4th overtime
- Camera catches fans running back in after disallowed goal in OT