He's regarded to be one of the best Russian prospects drafted into the National Hockey League since the likes of Alexander Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin, certainly some elite company to be in. But is there a negative side to him that could rub teammates the wrong way?
Matvei Michkov was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers with the 7th overall selection in last month's NHL Draft, and GM Danny Briere is certainly hoping that these reports from an ex-teammate of Michkov's in Russia are exaggerated.
"He doesn't listen to anything the veterans tell him, he doesn't listen to the coaches, he doesn't hesitate to laugh at them and send them away," the teammate said of Michkov. "He only does what he wants."
Yikes, that is not a good look for the highly regarded prospect. There's certainly nothing wrong with having confidence in yourself, but when you start believing that you don't need to listen to other teammates and the coaching staff, you're asking for trouble.
- Michkov's teammate: “This kid is a piece of s***.”
- Report: Flyers held secret meeting with Michkov ahead of Draft
- Ducks reportedly plan huge upset at the NHL Draft!
- Report: Michkov set to meet with only certain teams ahead of Draft
- An update on Matvei Michkov from NHL insider Bob McKenzie
- Another former NHL superstar set to join Flyers' staff
- Flyers' top prospect declines invite to training camp
- New development in Tony DeAngelo rejected trade!
- Breaking: The Flyers have traded Kevin Hayes