With the NHL regular season now just over two weeks away, fantasy hockey poolies will be gathering in basements and drinking establishments across Canada and the United States to make their picks for the upcoming season.
But, no matter the type of pool you belong to, you’re going to need some high-end forwards to put up points, so let’s take a look at some of the top guys and their projections, courtesy of NHL.com:
1. Connor McDavid - Edmonton Oilers - 95 points
2. Sidney Crosby - Pittsburgh Penguins - 92 points
3. Nikita Kucherov - Tampa Bay Lightning - 87 points
4. Patrick Kane - Chicago Blackhawks - 82 points
5. Jamie Benn - Dallas Stars - 80 points
6. Nicklas Backstrom - Washington Capitals - 80 points
7. Auston Matthews - Toronto Maple Leafs - 78 points
8. Evgeni Malkin - Pittsburgh Penguins - 78 points
9. Vladimir Tarasenko - St. Louis Blues - 77 points
10. Jack Eichel - Buffalo Sabres - 77 points
What do you think of this ranking? Missing anyone? Top-end snipers like Tyler Seguin, Brad Marchand and Steven Stamkos rank just outside of the top 10. How soon do you pick up an under the radar player like Artemi Panarin or Mitch Marner?