Reports that free agent forward Vladimir Tarasenko had agreed to a free-agent contract with the Carolina Hurricanes last week proved to be false, and he remains one of the top names available still on the open market as we're halfway through the second week of free agency.
But what kind of deal can the former 2019 Stanley Cup champion, who is coming off his eight year, $60 million contract he inked with the St. Louis Blues, expect?
According to Elliotte Friedman, he may be setting himself up for a major payday - but next year. In Friedman's mind, Tarasenko could instead go the route of signing a short-term, low-risk deal and perform well enough to make some serious bank in the summer of 2024.
The Senators are said to be one of the teams potentially interested in bringing Tarasenko to the Canadian capital city, so we'll see what further transpires.
- The top 3 free agent forwards still currently available.
- Vladimir Tarasenko is caught off guard!
- Report: Tarasenko turns down offers, with new update out of New York
- Reports of a major development with Vladimir Tarasenko, from Rangers insider Larry Brooks
- Huge twist in Vladimir Tarasenko reported signing!