The annual release of the video game industry’s biggest hockey game, the NHL series by EA Sports, is something of a holiday for NHLers who grew up loving the series. It’s no secret that the players take note of their rankings and sometimes even take issue with their perceived shortcomings.
With EA Sports releasing it’s top 10 ranked goaltenders from NHL 18, however, we don’t think there’ll be much complaining from the netminders included. Check out the list with each player’s ranking below:
10. Cam Talbot - Edmonton Oilers - 87 overall
9. Corey Crawford - Chicago Blackhawks - 87 overall
8. Tuukka Rask - Boston Bruins - 88 overall
7. Devan Dubnyk - Minnesota Wild - 88 overall
6. Henrik Lundqvist - New York Rangers - 88 overall
5. Matt Murray - Pittsburgh Penguins - 88 overall
4. Cory Schneider - New Jersey Devils - 89 overall
3. Sergei Bobrovsky - Columbus Blue Jackets - 89 overall
2. Braden Holtby - Washington Capitals - 90 overall
1. Carey Price - Montreal Canadiens - 92 overall
Interesting. While it’s hard to argue against any of the above players, the order of some might seem a little curious to some. Ranking Murray ahead of more experienced netminders like Lundqvist, Dubnyk and Rask? Ranking Schneider so high after a relatively mediocre campaign last year? It’s also interesting to see no love for San Jose Sharks’ Martin Jones, Los Angeles Kings’ Jonathan Quick and Nashville Predators’ Pekka Rinne.
What do you think? Are these ratings pretty accurate? If not, what do you take issue with?